Reverb.com has established itself as the leading marketplace for buying and selling musical instruments. Reverb is changing the way musicians buy, sell, value and learn to play musical instruments. We are a globally recognized leader in both marketplace technology and the MI (Musical Instruments) industry.
As the Product Manager for our Transactions platform, you must be passionate about online payments, card processing, technology, and business strategy. You will be responsible for developing and managing the products that enable musicians all over the world to buy and sell new, used and vintage music gear, and provide our internal teams with operational tools and data regarding those transactions.
The ideal candidate will combine excellent technical, product and business skills to ensure Reverb provides the ideal payment solutions for our users. As the product owner, you will drive requirements from the front-end (interaction with users to setup payment preferences, giving customer engagement insights into payment details to aid customer service) to the back-end (global platform services necessary to support billing and payments).
- Work with key stakeholders to define, design, implement, and optimize global payment strategies and solutions.
- Maintain a feedback loop with internal operations teams to ensure our tools support their workflows.
- Document and maintain an outcome-focused roadmap and prioritized product backlog; manage changing requirements under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Pull and analyze data to drive decisions based on data, not assumptions.
- Analyze business processes, identify areas for improvement, and design solutions for challenging payment use cases.
- Understand the larger payment ecosystem including technology, strategy, and industry trends; continually realigning Reverb’s strategy and tactics to reflect the quickly evolving payments industry.
- 2+ years of relevant work as a product manager in a payments related industry, including a focus on transaction processing, fraud and risk management, reconciliation, financial reporting, country-specific payment options, taxation, currency, etc.
- Able to prioritize complex deliverables, have highly technical discussions, and run meetings with technical and business leaders.
- Hands-on roadmap planning and development of feature requirements; establish goals, review metrics, and adapt for continued business success.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Comfortable pulling data using SQL.
- Excel at delivering results in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment.
- Bias for action; able to manage multiple projects and priorities.
- Innovative; loves to challenge status quo and reinvent on behalf of our customers.
What you’ll get:
- Competitive salary and stock options in a high growth company.
- No-bureaucracy environment where ownership and initiative is valued.
- Health insurance and a healthy work environment-- no 80 hour weeks.
- 401k with 4% match.
- Flexible vacation and sick days.
- A MacBookPro, monitor, keyboard, mouse of your choice. Even a stand up desk if you want!
- Discounts on music gear.